Sunday 26 July 2009

Saturday Meeting Everyone from CELTA


It was still raining when I got up and I had no desire to go outside but my room was a mess since I was non stop going out since I got there. So I took the opportunity to tidy up and put things in their place and saw there was no closet in my room to hang things.. shit there’s a community one in the main hallway but do you know how many clothes I brought? I finally was able to fit all my pants and things into the drawers and only shirts and dresses remain in my bag.

On the Celta course website, we made plans to meet other people at Jarmark bar in our metro station of Budejovicka. Got ready and tried to find internet before meeting everyone- found it at KFC! I was ordering food there and the counter boy apologized for not speaking better English! Ohhh my gosh.. why?!? I felt so bad! Why is he apologizing! I feel bad for not being able to say anything in Czech!

Finally headed over to Jarmark and met up with a lot of people from the course. Jarmark has a beer tap in the middle of every table so you can pour your own beer and it counts how many liters you used.. AMAZING!! No more waiting for your waiter when you finish your beer! I became the designated bar bitch since I was right in front of the tap.

We met a lot of cool girls and decided to go out into town after. Found ourselves at an expatz bar and we met guys- stag party. ****British term**** “stag party” as in- bachelor party. And “hen party” as in- bachelorette party. I wanted to go up to them and ask them since a bachelorette party was called a hen party, shouldn’t a bachelor party be called a cock party? I’m just saying.. it makes sense!

Decided to head towards a more “czechy” place- wandered around and didn’t find much but a clubby place that we weren’t really dressed for- but we decided to just go anyways cuz tired of walking- great decision!!! 80s 90s party for 100 czk and it was soo packed! Met guys from America though and hung out with them the rest of the night til 5 in the morning!! One guy was a salsa dancing instructor and right by the bar cleared a way so that we could dance. He tossed me all over that bar and was a really good leader. That was so much fun. Too bad he wasn’t my type though. We ate these amazing hot dogs on the street in the city center and just talked for a long time. Yea I didn't realize that dude was doing that in the picture.. what a douche.. he's the one I was salsa dancing with.. but don't worry.. He didn't touch me or anything like that!

They saw Czech girls walking down the street they went over to talk to them.. so we left—they made a pact earlier to meet only Czech girls so they were upset that they met us and had a good time cuz they wanted to be authentic.. I guess that was there chance.. its ok though—not too cute anyways and they were very very drunk
Took a cab for 300 czk from the main square and that was fine by me.. crashed the whole night!

No comments:

Post a Comment